U.S. stocks are anticipated to open higher on Monday as investors eagerly await the Federal Reserve's interest rate decision, Apple's earnings report, and the release of the October jobs numbers.
Federal Reserve Interest Rate Decision
The Federal Reserve is scheduled to announce its interest-rate decision on Wednesday at 2 p.m. Eastern time. Following this, Fed Chairman Jerome Powell will deliver remarks later in the day.
As of 6:20 p.m. ET on Sunday, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures experienced a gain of 31 points (or 0.1%), while S&P 500 futures rose by 0.3%. Nasdaq Composite futures climbed by 0.4%.
Crude Oil Prices
Crude oil futures, specifically West Texas Intermediate (the U.S. standard), witnessed a slight decline of 0.9% to $84.73 per barrel. Meanwhile, Brent crude (the international standard) also dropped 0.9% to $88.40 per barrel.
Earnings Reports for the Week
This week, around 150 S&P 500 companies are set to report their earnings. Notable companies such as Arista Networks, McDonald's, Pinterest, Public Storage, Simon Property Group, and Welltower will release their earnings reports on Monday.
On Tuesday, investors will be looking out for earnings reports from Advanced Micro Devices, Amgen, Anheuser-Busch InBev, BP, Caesars Entertainment, Caterpillar, Eaton, GE HealthCare Technologies, Marathon Petroleum, Pfizer, and Sysco.
Wednesday will bring earnings reports from Airbnb, Clorox, CVS Health, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Estée Lauder, GSK, Humana, Kraft Heinz, Mondelez International, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, PayPal Holdings, Qualcomm, and Yum! Brands.
Stay tuned for updates on these important events and earnings reports in the stock market.
This Week's Notable Economic Events
- The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index for October will be released.
- S&P CoreLogic will release the Case-Shiller National Home Price Index for August.
- The Institute for Supply Management will report the Chicago Business Barometer for October.
- The Federal Open Market Committee will announce its monetary-policy decision.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics will release the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for September.
- ISM will report its Manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index for October.
- ADP will release its National Employment Report for September.
- The Labor Department will release initial unemployment benefits claims for the week ended Oct. 28.
- Apple, Booking Holdings, ConocoPhillips, Eli Lilly, Expedia Group, Marriott International, Moderna, Novo Nordisk, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Shell, and Starbucks will report.
- The BLS will release the jobs report on nonfarm payrolls and unemployment rate for October.
- The ISM will release its Services Purchasing Managers' Index for October.
- Cardinal Health, Cboe Global Markets, Dominion Energy, Gartner, and Sempra will report.