Shares of Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) saw a significant rally on Monday, rising 1.10% to reach $134.68. This positive performance comes amidst a mixed trading session for the overall stock market.
- S&P 500 Index (SPX) rose 0.69% to 4,399.77
- Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) fell 0.11% to 34,463.69
Amazon.com Inc. managed to break its four-day losing streak with this gain in stock value. However, it closed $8.95 lower than its 52-week high of $143.63, which was achieved on August 4th.
In comparison to its competitors, Amazon's stock demonstrated a mixed performance on Monday:
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) rose 0.77% to $175.84
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) rose 1.71% to $321.88
- Alphabet Inc. Cl C (GOOG) rose 0.64% to $128.93
The trading volume for Amazon.com Inc. was 40.7 million shares, which remained 16.1 million below its 50-day average volume of 56.8 million shares.